Employee Review of Sallie Mae - Check out more reviews of working at Sallie Mae

From Muncie, IN — 06/24/2010

I've worked for Sallie Mae for over 2 years and I still love my job. It's not my dream job, but it's a job that pays a decent living. If you take pride in the job, it's really not that bad. In the city of Muncie, there aren't many jobs for people without college degrees, and Sallie Mae provides a good job that isn't food service or manual labor. The job isn't that hard. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who don't have any respect for the job and some who come in just to get fired and collect unemployment. For those who take it seriously, it's great. Dealing with borrowers is not that hard, and all it takes is a little bit of people skills. Knowing the job is fairly easy. Instead of complaining that you don't make a million dollars a year, you look for ways to make more money than you make now. The monthly bonuses are a great incentive to strive for success. By asserting yourself to the supervisors (not sucking up), you will be respected and now I have supervisors coming to me for help. I would recommend Sallie Mae to anyone who needs a job and wants to work.