Employee Review of Safeway/Genuardis - Check out more reviews of working at Safeway/Genuardis

From PORTLAND, OREGON — 01/26/2010

OVERALL A DECENT COMPANY TO WORK FOR CONSIDERING THE ECONOMY AND OTHER JOBS I HAVE HAD. PEOPLE WILL WHINE ABOUT WORKING AT SAFEWAY, BUT THE TRUTH IS THESE WHINERS WILL GO ON TO THE NEXT JOB AND TAKE THEIR NEGATIVITY AND POOR ATTITUDE WITH THEM. YOU TOOK THE JOB AND YOU WERE EXPLAINED ABOUT THE HOURS AND NATURE OF THE BUSINESS. I LIKE MY JOB AND I AM ONLY A COURTESY CLERK WITH 2 CHILDREN AND A WIFE. I SUPPORT THEM FINE ON MY HOURLY WAGE BECAUSE I BUDGET MY MONEY. MOST PEOPLE WHETHER THEY WORK AT SAFEWAY OR ANOTHER COMPANY WILL ALWAYS THINK THEY ARE WORTH MORE MONEY THAN THEY ARE. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE YOUR JOB AT SAFEWAY CONSIDER THE ALTERNATIVE WHICH IS THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE AT THE EMPLOYMENT DEPT. AND ITS A LONG ONE. I HOPE THE NEXT JOB YOU GET HAS THE GOOD MEDICAL AND OTHER BENEFITS THAT SAFEWAY PROVIDES.