Employee Review of SAFELITE AUTOGLASS - Check out more reviews of working at SAFELITE AUTOGLASS

From Columbus, OH — 03/23/2010

I've worked in the sales department the last year and a half. I have yet to see someone doing what they are supposed to be doing reprimanded, fired or corrected for anything. The job coaches are glorified CSR's and just like in any other company there are great ones and not so great ones. From the time I was interviewed until now the company policies have been outlined to me. It seems pretty simple to me: if you want to work here do x,y, and z.
Sales-wise it's straightforward as well, sell glass and make sure the customers complete the work. I'm an hourly employee and frequently able to work OT, make commission and even earn a profit sharing bonus quarterly. Not everyone makes commission, those that aren't can't sell glass.
My only real gripe is the infrequency of advancement opportunities. Coaches have been short staffed and overworked for several months. They definetly need more managers if they want to hit the 1:25 ratio they claim they have.
It's an entry-level position, it has stresses and hassles, but at the end of the day you're hard pressed to find something comparable.