Employee Review of Safe Harbor Mortgage - Check out more reviews of working at Safe Harbor Mortgage

From Lake Oswego, OR — 01/08/2009

Safe Harbor is a fine place to work. As long as you’re productive, you have job security. The commission tiers have recently changed to include a “probationary” period, something that I think will help motivate other employees. Basically, the goal is to fund a minimum of one loan per month… Not really that unrealistic if you ask me.

Hiring is on the rise right now, as we’re trying to grow. This can be frustrating, and does bring down the competency levels of other employees, simply because they’re new to the industry.

Other than that, the opportunity to make great money is there. Especially with our relationships with some of the largest lenders nationwide. The other advantage is that this is a small company, where you’re not just number in the CEO’s eyes. He actually knows your name.

The only downside for me is a lack of employee benefits, such as med/dent/eye insurance… and a 401k plan.