Employee Review of Red Robin - Check out more reviews of working at Red Robin

From Pensacola, Florida — 04/06/2009

I'm part opf the original team for the new Red Robin here in Pensacola, FLA, and I have to say that everything is pretty sweet. I never work less than 25 hours a week and I never make less than $55 in tips per shift. I'm averaging around $120 per shift since we opened on March 16, 2009. The pay is pretty good, and with good reason I suppose. The Pensacola RR broke the weekly and hourly sales records for the company within the first two weeks. Not bad at all, eh? There is definitely job security for those of us who aren't incredibly stupid, which is 98% of us thankfully. We're always busy busy busy and I don't know anyone working there now who isn't making a ton of money. Business still has yet to actually slow down since we've opened, but that's a good thing too! There is definitely room for our personal lives here and shifts are easy to swap and give away and acquire, and the management is especially amazing at working with requested time off and emergencies and stuff. Really great management we have here! Our mixos have yet to build a bad reputation for themselves, in fact, we love our mixos with the exception of one guy who is just terribly aggravating! Location is good. We're in a mall and we have mall access and outside access from the restaurant. We're next to a Macaroni Grill and a few other places, but we're definitely the most popular! :] Work environment could use some changes, especially in organization!!! Also, we always and forever have guests complaining about the noise level on the floor and I really think that needs to be changed too. Other than the few small things, Red Robin is definitely a great place to work, and the money you make depends on your attitude. If you're nice, everyone will be nice to you and you'll make good money and co-workers will want to help you out. A few of us have a known policy with our bussers and our mixos, and that is we will take care of them if they take care of us, and since we brought it up to them, we get taken care of. :] Red Robin for thr win!