Employee Review of Red Lobster - Check out more reviews of working at Red Lobster

From North Olmsted, OH — 06/22/2009

Pay: I was a server and I USUALLY made good money...we were busy almost every night.

Respect: The managers were nice but we reall fake. It seemed like they only acted like they cared but really didn't.

Benefits: I didn't have benefits so I have no idea what their benefit program was like.

Job Security: There didn't seem to be any risk of being fired unless you screwed up horribly. I only worked there for about 6 months and I was never in trouble or at risk of being fired (not that I know of at least).

Work/Life Balance: There is none! They schedule you crazy hours that don't allow for you to do anything but work. Also, when I worked there, you would be scheduled for a time to come in, but no time to go home. Or if you did have a scheduled time to go home, you could only leave if they weren't busy! Sometimes I would be there until 12 am finishing up all of my side work.

Career Potential/ Growth: I'm sure you could probably move up after working there for 10+ years. The person who trained me had worked as a server for like 6 yrs and was just now a "server trainer" which is basically a glorified server so what does that tell you?

Location: The location was good...not too far from my house. There was one closer to my house but it was less busy than the one I worked at.

Co-worker Competence: Pretty much everyone I worked with was really nice and helpful. I got along with everyone.

Work Environment: The work environment was sometimes okay but I normally couldn't stand being there. The only thing that was good about it was that I made good tips and my coworkers were nice...that was IT! They make you do a ridiculous amount of side work and just basically boss you around and then get mad when you ask a question. The GM and one other manager were cool but the other(s) weren't. If you're a server just know that at the end of the night they go around with a FLASH LIGHT to make sure you got every single last crumb out from underneath your tables...talk about ridiculous!!

Overall, I did not like working here. It was sometimes okay but that was just because I liked most of the people I worked with. You make good tips overall but basically have to sacrifice all of your social life to do it.