Employee Review of Randolph County Ambulance District - Check out more reviews of working at Randolph County Ambulance District

From Moberly, MO — 02/19/2007

I work for the best organization in the world. For paramedics, our pay is higher than the national average. Our work schedule is perfect- we work 24 hours on shift, then three days off shift. Our quarters are really nice, with a large common room and big screen flat tv. We even have a workout room. We have a dive team, too. Getting your SCUBA cert is paid for by the district. Our boss is easy-going and likes to sit on complaints before acting on them, giving people time to cool off. Our uniforms are decent, with two sets of paramedic pants and three shirts issued annually. We don't pay anything for our health benefits, and pay minimally for our dependents' benefits. Our continuing paramedic education is paid for by the district. We also do our own automobile extrication, with classes provided to maintain proficiency. We have almost no turnover. Our ambulance district is the greatest ever.