Employee Review of Quicken Loans - Check out more reviews of working at Quicken Loans

From Livonia — 06/19/2008

Quicken isn't for some people...clearly the person who submitted the initial post just didn't have what it takes to be successful at Quicken. I have been working there for 3 years, in that short time I have been promoted to Senior Mortgage Banker and recently to Executive Mortgage Banker. I certainly have worked hard to get to where I am now but it was worth it. I have worked the long hours people complain about but isn't that what it takes to make a comfortable financial life? Now that I have proven my ability to excel, I come in at around 10:30am leave around 7 or 8 and that's IF I chose to actually go into the office as I can work from home anytime I want. I personally think that the people that expect to do a half ass, effortless job deserve to get fired. It is a performance based job...sorry you couldn't perform. I am 27 and make more money than my friends Mother who is a professor at Purdue University with a masters degree.