Employee Review of QualCare - Check out more reviews of working at QualCare

From Piscataway, NJ — 07/16/2010

I was recently laid off from QualCare. We had about three temps in the department at the time and really didnít need them. One became permanent about a month ago. The other 2 were still there when I left. I would have thought the fair thing would have been was to offer the opening she is in, since the company obviously knew about the layoff.

I could have been trained for the position just as she was; however, it was the directorís decision and she obviously assumed I was not qualified. Would you believe my entire length at the company which is over 5 years, I have never taken a sick day, if thatís not loyalty what is? I arrived every day to work 5 to 15 minutes in advance and stayed late if needed. I loved my supervisor and co-workerís in the department. But the director, now thatís another story. What ever she couldnít get everyone had to suffer.

For instance, I left the department of training of a new system and knew I would eventually return back to my original department within a few months to a year. Some of the tools I needed for this training required knowledge from my director, however, due to her insecurities another co-worker and I had to return to our departments. The two of us were temporary replaced with about four temps who totally milked the company.

I really lost respect for the company when they laid me off three days prior to the month ending with no benefits remaining. It has been a month now shy of a couple of days and I have NOT received my personal belongings and was not allowed to go back and retrieve them. They told me it would be shipped UPS but it hasnít been packed yet and co-workers arenít allowed to pack it as it is the companyís responsibility. You would of thought than while planning an employee layoff the company would have calculated the severance pay and any unused time due me by now, but I havenít received that either. My last check was received about a week after the companyís pay day which a raise included. The check included six (6) months of a raise. This is something they do with their raise so that didnít surprise me as a review was always 5 to 6 months of you anniversary year.