Employee Review of Progressive Insurance - Check out more reviews of working at Progressive Insurance

From florida — 03/06/2010

current benefits are competitive with other industries, however, retirement benefits are virtually non-existent. this eliminates any incentive to plan for a long term career with this company and actually promotes "job hopping" by top talent. Wake up Progressive, give us a reason to be loyal!

politics rule promotion and layoff decisions. e.g. in the latest "re-org" last spring, sr. managers with stellar performance records were released while other sr. managers with mediocre performance were retained and promoted. in other examples, leadership vacancies were filled by people who were not pursuing new opportunities but asked by the hiring manager to apply for the job and were subsequently promoted, sometimes without even inteviewing, although other well qualified candidates were already identified and were actively pursuing the vacancy.