Employee Review of Progressive Insurance - Check out more reviews of working at Progressive Insurance

From Austin, TX — 12/19/2009

I understand this is a place to "vent," but working Progressive really isn't that bad. I've been with the company for 5 years now in two different states, during that time I have had 7 different TL/Mgrs. I've always found that if you come to work to actually do work vs. complain/gossip and use the free internet, that you will usually be treated fairly. Unfortunately, like with any large company, profits come first and occasionally there are lay-offs and seasons of slow growth. I think that in most cases, if you are having a bad experience it is more likely because of your lack of ability or drive and not that the company is out to get the reps. If you do good work you will be promoted when the opportunity presents itself. But, if you do a poor job you will rightfully be passed over.