Employee Review of Progressive Insurance - Check out more reviews of working at Progressive Insurance

From mayfield — 02/11/2009

I am very happy to say I have worked at Progressive in a supervisory position since day one and love every minute of it. For everyone who complains about management, look in the mirror and see if you are doing the best you can do. I bet you are not. I love to micro manage reps out of the company so they can stop losing my gainshare and then I can replace them with performers who care. I am part of a specialty group and I love the fact that we are making a difference and Progressive makes that happen for me. I feel very safe in my position and I have been offered promotions from prior managers but declined to do so because I like managing reps. I get Large raises and I am close to the maximum, but that does not bother me. I also thank Progressive for leading the way for diversity in the work force. They have helped me in dealing with my personal situation and creating a work environment that does not make me feel ashamed to say I am gay. This environment is wonderful. For everyone else who has bashed this company or will bash me, just know that if you are not doing your part at Progressive, you will be caught and managed out. I guarentee this.