Employee Review of Progressive Insurance - Check out more reviews of working at Progressive Insurance

From Florida — 03/27/2007

---IN NEED OF ANSWERS/PLEASE RESPOND--- JOB SECURITY OK, SO WE GOT THIS EMAIL ABOUT THE COMPANY CHANGING ITS OPINION ABOUT PIP. PROGRESSIVE WAS FIGHTING FOR PIP, AND NOW THEY HAVE DECIDED THAT IT WILL "HELP" THE CUSTOMERS SAVE MONEY ON THEIR PREMIUMS. IM NOT SURE ABOUT THE REST OF THE PIP WORLD, BUT ALL OF OUR MANAGERS ARE SAYING THAT IF YOU DO AWAY WITH PIP, THIS WILL INCREASE THE BI LIMITS WHICH WILL INCREASE PAYOUTS, WHICH INCREASE THE PREMIUMS IN THE LONG RUN. SO WHATS REALLY GOING ON HERE? WE JUST HAD THIS ROAD SHOW WHERE MR HELTON PROMISED THAT PIP WOULD NOT GO AWAY. I ACCEPTED HIS WORD AND MOVED ON. NOW IT APPEARS THAT I MUST RE-EVALUATE THE SITUATION. AM I, OR AM I NOT GOING TO HAVE A JOB IN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS. I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE PIP SUNSET DEAL, BUT IF PROGRESSIVE HAS ALL OF A SUDDEN CHANGED THEIR OPINION, DOES THAT MEAN THAT THEY ARE GETTING READY TO DOWNSIZE PIP NO MATER WHAT THE OUTCOME OF THE BILL IS? AND ARE WE TRULY GOING TO BE BI REPS--RE-ABSORBED INTO THE COMPANY AS THE EMAIL SAID?? PAY THE PAY TO ME IS FINE. IVE WORKED AT OTHER PLACES BEFORE, AND THIS PLACE SEEMS LIKE HEAVEN. ALTHOUGH IAM A BIT CONFUSED WITH THIS NEW COMPENSATION CHART. IVE BEEN LIED TO 3 TIMES SINCE IVE BEEN AT PROGRESSIVE. DURRING THE INTERVIEW I WAS TOLD THAT THE STARTING SALARY WAS 35 TO 40K. WHEN I GOT HERE, IT TURNED OUT TO BE 33? NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED, THEN REMEMBER LAST YR, EVEYONE WAS SUPPOSE TO GO UP TO 35K--I NEVER GOT THAT RAISE. NOW THIS NEW COMPESATION THING HAS ME SO CONFUSED, I JUST FIGURE THEY WILL GIVE ME WHAT THEY HAVE, THERES NO ROOM FOR NEGOTIATIONS HERE. RESPECT--NO ISSUES BENFITS--KIND OF EXPENSIVE, NEXT YEAR MY HUSBAND AND SON WILL HAVE TO GET INS WITH MY HUSBANDS COMPANY--IT WILL BE CHEAPER THIS WAY. WOK/LIFE BALLANCE--ITS FINE, SOMETIMES I DO WORK OVERTIME-NOT TOO MUCH LOCATION-NO COMPLAINTS COWORKERS--NO ISSUES WORK ENVIORMENT--NO ISSUES CARRER/GROWTH--NOT SURE, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BLUE PRINT FROM GLEN?? DID HE THROW IT AWAY???