Employee Review of petsmart - Check out more reviews of working at petsmart

From Chandler, AZ — 01/10/2010

I have worked with Petsmart for 2.5 years now. I am in college, and I transfer from my original store during school months. The Petsmart I started at is great. I can't complain at all. I started out in Pet Care, which I knew nothing about at the time. I definitely learned a lot over time, though. I also cashier and stock. Since I am in college, I am perfectly content with being an associate. I have no desire to move up higher in management or anything, so I wouldn't know what kinds of situations that brings up. The managers at my store are amazing. The Pet Care manager is extremely knowledgeable and is very good at his job. I can't complain about any of the managers, really.

The only thing I would like to see changed is the emphasis on fish care. I've been to stores that cram tons of fish in the tanks. We shouldn't even sell Pacu. But I'm a fish guy, so maybe that's just my bias.