Employee Review of Perot Systems - Check out more reviews of working at Perot Systems

From Plano — 01/27/2010

i worked for Perot Systems for three years in their Plano location doing technical support for one of their clients. I found it to be an incredibly good place to work. My supervisors and managers were always willing to listen to my problems, work with me on issues, and provide me support when I needed it. They were almost all competent, and most were happy with their jobs. If I had a complaint, it was that they were not hard enough on trouble employees. There were a couple of employees that were dead weight, but were not terminated because of the easy going nature of the company.

The security is a little overwhelming at times. All gates have armed guards, cameras are everywhere, and the Plano office is like a fortress. That might be off-putting to some, but I worked a night shift and had to deal with security quite a bit (getting into places late at night usually has you working with security) and there were all uniformly polite, professional, and easy to work with. I never once had an issue with any kind of rudeness or even indifference.

Overall, I can say Perot Systems was one of the best place I've ever worked. I might've just had an incredible group, but if I didn't dislike phone tech support, I would've happily stayed there. I can't vouch for them now that Dell has bought them, but Perot Systems is a solid, square-dealing company.