Employee Review of Panera Bread - Check out more reviews of working at Panera Bread

From Minneapolis, MN — 06/08/2010

I've worked as an assistant manager for Panera Bread for about a year. Just like any other restaurant job, the work can get grueling and hours long. But the work experience makes this job very much worth it. You're supervising 25+ employees, ordering supplies, managing money, making schedules, etc. A lot of these are very marketable skills when it comes time to move on.

Also there is a very real opportunity to become GM and make lots of money running your own store. Many GMs have only been working for Panera for a few years yet have risen to the top level of retail positions.

Downsides are that many of the associates and managers are young and inexperienced which can cause stress at work. Also there is a lot of paperwork and checklists to complete during shifts.