Employee Review of Panera Bread - Check out more reviews of working at Panera Bread

From Arlington Heights IL — 04/20/2009

PAY: If you do a good job you'll get paid well.
Respect: in order to earn respect you have to have respect. Managers don't respect lazy people.
Benefits: The benefits at Panera aren't that bad. For the price they cover a lot.
Job Security: I go back and forth to college and never worry about getting hours when I'm home. If you are a good worker you will have no problems with job security.
Work/Life: Yeah, You do basically live at the cafe but thats what any "real job" requires. Panera is a stickler about overtime so it isn't like 40 hours will kill anyone.
Potential growth: Amazing opportunities for employees. There are Regional Managers that started as dishwashers in a cafe. They like to promote within
Location: Not the best but i like that it isn't to busy.
Co-workers: Just like any other job that hires young kids, they don't always get things right away.
Work Environment: I love my job and my managers. The bad reviews have come from people with bad experience but not all are like that.
I've been with the company 3 years and have been promoted to management and with a bad economy why not stick with a company that continues to grow in a bad time.