Employee Review of Pactiv - Check out more reviews of working at Pactiv

From Illinois — 11/04/2009

I work for a company that was purchased by Pactiv. In any situaiton where your company is being bought, you fear the worst. Happily I can say that fear was not worth the stress. Pactiv has been pretty good about leaving us do what we do best, but improving things that needed improving, such as systems and such. In any company your going to have a mix of personalities and people, but I do think in general Pactiv cares about their employees health, safety and professional development and I think that goes along way in the grand scheme of things. If you are reading this because you are debating working for Pactiv - I would say Pactiv is a great place to have a career!

Benefits are great. Job Growth and Professional Developement are Excellent. Pay is above average. Job Security is good (especially right now when the economy is doing so lousy). Everyone shows each other Respect.

Negatives: Sometimes I feel that they don't spend enough time or money making sure the hourly employees are kept happy and given as many developmental opportunities.

Overall this is a great place to work and grow professionally!