Employee Review of Pacific LIfe - Check out more reviews of working at Pacific LIfe

From Newport Beach, CA — 12/08/2007

I worked there 2000-2001 in both Newport Beach and Foothill Ranch. The other postings are so true about a waste of a college degree and no real growth potential. There were some positives: Lunch at the beach! Need I say more? Newport Fashion Island, need I say more? Their vacation and benefits (at the time) were very generous. They gave you a good education on Insurance/Annuity products and had continuous developement courses. The negatives: unsupportive supervisor who spent more time in meetings than at his desk, applied for 5+ other jobs and never got transferred. I wasn't on the phones, I was data entry for life products. Very little overtime required. Also at the time they had many carpool vans. So there were some positives if you just want a paycheck. If you want a challenging career and are a fresh graduate, well take the job, let them pay for a masters and then leave.