Employee Review of Pace Industries - Check out more reviews of working at Pace Industries

From Harrison, AR — 04/04/2009

Pay is excelent. The hair folicle testing for drugs has almost eradicated all presence of drugs and the criminal aspect. All workers must pass a temp initialization period of 90 days before being hired to the company. As far as moving ahead, I believe people are in charge of what they want in life. Work environment is very dirty, but the company is working through lean management principals to create a cleaner facility. It is hot and hard, some rates are pushing people to there limits. I have seen the most capable bodied men crumble, while frail men, and some women have stood up in their place. You are what you make of it, mind over matter. If hard work is not for you, then you need not apply. We believe in hard work, and the greates respect that you can recieve is the respect you see in the mirror for a job well done. We at Pace Industries Harrison division alluminum die cast plant, are a proud people. It is this pride that has allowed us to climb above the top of all other plants in our field. We have great benefits, including 50,000 life insurance with an aption for 3x base pay rated very low, I pay 2.50 a month. Dependent life at 12,000 runs 11.00 a month. Dental and medical insurance cost me 120.00 a month. Worker competence is as it is; show them the job and teach them how to do it. I would elaborate on the retirement, but with the stock market in turmoil, I have stoped all transactions until further notice. Carerr potential/growth, there are only so many people who can be in charge. Are you the best leader in your facility? Only time will tell, leadership and respect are earned on the floor level. If people look to you for answers and leadrship, then your company will do the same one day. Work and life balance somtimes suck, but that's the life of a working person. Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the fast paced work invironment of die casting? If you like to make 30,000-40,000 yearly starting pay, then this may be the job for you. I hope this is informative.