Employee Review of Ocean State Job Lot - Check out more reviews of working at Ocean State Job Lot

From MA — 05/30/2010

In today's economy, I am so relieved to have a job that I am not worried about losing. Job Lot is a great store and runs a successful business. I know that I (as well as other fellow job lot employees) do not have to worry about being laid off. Sure work isnt perfect, if I ran this company I bet I could think of a million things to change! Like the back rooms could always be cleaner, and we're always getting over whelmed with freight from the warehouse....but when you step back and think about it you will have a lot to complain about no matter where you work. I started with this company as a cashier and have worked my way up to a front end supervisor. I have the potential to be an assistant manager if thats something I want to do. I've been with the company for 6 years and to date have not had a bad experience with any of the mean people you all keep talking about from the office. To be honest with everyone here... the only thing I dislike about my job is having to work with half of the rude and bitter people who have posted terrible things about job lot on this site. Why dont you go and talk to some friends who have been laid off from their jobs and cant find work! Tell them all of your problems... I'm sure they'll care. Thanks Job lot! For all of us that appreciate it, keep up the good work.