Employee Review of Northwestern Mutual - Check out more reviews of working at Northwestern Mutual

From Louisiana — 10/03/2009

Northwestern Mutual is the greatest company to work for. Anyone who had a negative experience, internship or full-time, most likely brought it upon him/her self. Like one other person said, people with these negative opinions will almost always have a negative opinion on their jobs/careers....negative people make negative comments. I have been with the company for almost 2 years and every day has been a wonderful experience. Those who compalain about 'RESPECT" do so because they forget one thing...to earn respect you must give it! Those who claim to be "underpaid" probably are because they do not work hard enough. Anyone can get a "job' that pays well, but its different to find a "career" that you can take pride in. Northwestern Mutual will push you to work hard, and I can udnerstand how "lazy" or "unmotivated" people would dislike this. If you want to succeed in life, you must work hard. Many people mistake long hours with hard work. If you're not being productive, you're not working, it has nothing to do with hours worked. Northwestern Mutual provides everyone (who works hard) with amazing growth opportunities. My salary was increased within 8 months because of my work ethic and how much I was able to grow our internship. Northwestern Mutual provides quality products and service to those who need it. We are the number one company in the industry. We are the number one company for "training." So to the person complaining about training, it's becasue you're not coachable. When you're as great as we are, you know what it takes to succeed in this inductry. We teach you the skills that will take you down the path to success. People who do not like their training are people looking for the "easy way out.' Again, it comes down to work ethic. If you're a hard worker, you will succeed. If you're looking for an internship/career that allows you to take the easy way out, then this is not the company for you.

Just Remember: No one (person, place, thing, company) is perfect. Perfection does not exist in anything. There will always be negative people in this world to bring everyone else down. All you can do is research, and make your OWN informed decision. Good Luck!