Employee Review of Nordstrom - Check out more reviews of working at Nordstrom

From Georgia — 02/11/2009

I've enjoyed working for Nordstrom. I always wanted to own my own business and this is great training for that. It is probably the closest to owning your business without actually owning one. It is up to you how successful you are going to be. Much depends on your department manager on how your experience is going to be. Hopefully they recognize you for the good things you do and they hold people accountable who bring the department down. Nothing is worse than seeing people get away with murder. Nordstrom talks a lot about leading by example...some people take this seriously, some do not. Basically it comes down to: if you don't like it you need to leave. Nordstrom is not for everyone. You do need to be self motivated. No one is going to do it for you. No company is perfect but the difference that I have seen compared to other companies I have worked for is that Nordstrom makes an effort to be a good company. They care.