Employee Review of National Foreign Language Center - Check out more reviews of working at National Foreign Language Center

From Riverdale, MD — 06/16/2009

I have been in the workforce for 20 years. I have never had a job I loved more than this one. There are many things that stand out about the Center besides its incredibly creative and talented workforce. The work environment is wonderful and we have a beautiful workspace with lots of natural light. The projects are absolutely cutting edge and fascinating. It's a great place for graduate students, new graduates, people with some work experience under their belt, as well as senior staff. It is led by a truly visionary executive leadership team. The pay is not as high as you'd get in government and in private industry, but the benefits are impressive, and you get a lot of vacation time (although I enjoy my work so much I don't use much). The only other negative is the funding is soft money, or on a contract. I've heard many of my colleagues say they were give up salary in order to work there, because doing so is a labor of love.