Employee Review of Nansemond Veterinary Clinic - Check out more reviews of working at Nansemond Veterinary Clinic

From Suffolk, VA — 12/01/2008

I love my job for the most part. I work with the greatest people and pets I could hope for. Most of my bosses are very polite, understanding, and professional. The work atmosphere is usually very stress free and comfortable. Most everyone is very low key. My only complaints about my work place are the pay, benefits, and the occasional off balance coworker. It seems we are never able to let anyone go for fear of being sued for unemployment, so the bad apples stay in the bunch for awhile. The pay is crushing for the amount of time and work that is spent at the clinic and there are literally NO BENEFITS...no health care whatsoever. However, despite this, this is the best job I have ever had and the one I enjoy the most. Our manager is amazing, and as mentioned before, most of the veterinarians are the kindest, easiest going people I have ever worked for. I love this clinic and would highly recommend it for people who are looking to advance in the veterinary field but also have a second income.