Employee Review of MetLife - Check out more reviews of working at MetLife

From West Des Moines, Iowa — 09/05/2010

I really enjoyed working for the Metlife Annuity branch located in West Des Moines, Iowa. I felt there was great room for advancement, including a shadowing program where you could sit with other 'teams' to see if that job position is something you may be interested in. I also feel that Metlife has good job security. While most companies are laying off, I was working overtime at Metlife. The overtime though, was also a downfall. Upper management wanted all work done daily, and was not sympathetic to people that needed to leave work to pick up their children from daycare. I also felt like I was being micromanaged a lot, and I didn't like that. I do not need to be told every min of the day what I should be doing.

Overall, I think Metlife is a great company to work for, and I was sad to leave due to relocation.