Employee Review of Marshalls - Check out more reviews of working at Marshalls

From New York — 12/03/2009

This is my third year working at Marshalls, and I have to say the company has changed, or at the very least is trying to do so. It is true is really hard to get fired in Marshalls you have to be a no call no show for more than 3 days, steal something or punch a manager or a coworker for that matter. Still is a good place to learn as much as possible of the retail experience, I started in the accessories section, have been in lingerie, stockroom, markdown, cashier and stockroom, which has allow me to learn from every department. I was promoted in my second year. It is true that sadly most customers are rude and open everything they can, which is frustrating. I have made good friends with several coworkers, and I have to say I do like the open door policy.
I have seen my share of managers come and go, mostly because is not easy to work here.
No is not the greatest place to work at, but if you are looking to learn the retail business, and take the opportunity to do so...then is no so bad.