Employee Review of Manpower - Check out more reviews of working at Manpower

From Ohio — 12/04/2009

If I had any kind of alternative, I would not be working for Manpower. Their so-called benefits are geared to the short-term temp, but like many others, I am in a long-term -- in fact, indefinite -- assignment. I have been in the same place for 3 and a half years and expect to stay for several more years. However, unlike most permanent employment, Manpower's benefits do not improve with time. I get one week of vacation pay per year after completing 1500 hours. I get no sick leave whatsoever. On the occasions when the client for whom I work is shut down, I do not get paid, except for the 6 holidays Manpower recognizes. But when the client chooses to give its own employees an extra day at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, I am basically furloughed without pay.

I would like to point out that the favorable ratings I have given -- for job security, work/life balance, location, co-worker competence, and work environment -- are all the result of my satisfaction with the client, not Manpower. Manpower has not shown much interest in improving my situation. To them, I'm just a commodity -- a commodity that pays for their own salaries and benefits, but a commodity nevertheless.