Employee Review of Madison Capital Management - Check out more reviews of working at Madison Capital Management

From Denver, CO — 03/15/2010

The majority of the negative comments posted here are way off base, thus I felt compelled to submit a quick response as to the reality of working at Madison. Madison is an opportunistic, entrepreneur oriented company. Attributes of successful employees at Madison include a strong work ethic, self motivation, high level of intelligence, and a strong willingness to wear the many hats required to make a small, dynamic company successful. The owners and executives are hands-on managers who are intimately involved with the investments & day to day activities of the company – which in my opinion is a great benefit to the employees vs. “ivory tower” managers who don’t know what’s going on with the business. This should not be confused with micro management.

Madison embraces a pay for performance mentality in which hard work and creativity are rewarded. It is not a 40 hr per week job – but extra hours are worked because employees are committed to the success of themselves and the company. Benefits (health, 401k, etc) are on par to most other small investment firms and compensation is generally above par. Overall, Madison provides a lot of opportunity for people willing to be committed and work hard.