Employee Review of Macys - Check out more reviews of working at Macys

From Walla Walla, Wa. — 01/09/2010

Many people dislike their macy's job, however, i very much enjoy mine.

The location at which i work is fairly small, two levels. the management is competent and greet their employee's daily, learn their names and take a general interest. Complaints are taken seriously and management will resolve them.

The pay is minimum wage, but where i live has the highest minimum wage in the states. Respect is amazing, coworkers are friendly and hard work is rewarded. Benefits are minimal, sometimes there are contests for macy's money, and the like, including employee's 20% percent discount. Many people shop while working, and you find great deals and get a first look at the clothes.

potential for career growth is decent, ive seen many people be raised from support, to sales and then management. I was hired as seasonal, but they kept me on due to my hard work, availability and willingness to step in. the location is 10 minutes drive from my house.