Employee Review of Macys - Check out more reviews of working at Macys

From Westland Mall, Michigan — 12/14/2009

Pay- I Gave Macy's a 0 because it's minimum wage but at a time like this I am excited to just have a Job and very happy Macy's decided to hire me as an associate.

Respect- I gave them an excellent review for the simple fact I have been there for two months and my co-workers have totally excepted me and have helped me out tremendously especially the lady who has been there for 20 years, and management is very respectful of all the associates at my store.

Bennefits- Again Macy's got a 0 due to the fact I am Part-Time and no company gives benefits to part-timers but still a great company to work for.

Job Security- I gave a five because it all depends on how hard you work for a company and I am working my tail bone off.

Work/Life Balance- I may work 40 hours a week right now but I can still spend time with my fiance and my family and friends.

Career Potential/Growth- I gave it a 5 even though I may not promoted I have heard from many people about the hard work they have put in and have been rewarded for.

Location- I gave Macy's a 3 just because I am located in the Westland Mall in Michigan and it's a very hard hit area due to the economy so sales are down but we try our best to bring the customers great customer service so the keep coming back to us.

Co-Worker Competence- I gave a 5 to Macy's because I work in the Men's Fragrence department and all my co-workers know their product like the back of their hand and I have learned a lot from all of them.

Work Environment- Again a five because I have never had a hard day on the job to date and it's very laid back a mellow at my store.

After all is said and done I absolutley love working for for Macy's INC., this store has been around for more than 150 years and it is a American Staple no matter what anyone says and I am just thrilled they have chosen me as one of their associates.