Browse Companies:

Employee Review of Macys - Check out more reviews of working at Macys

3.8Rating Details
Category
Pay4
Respect4
Benefits4
Job Security3
Work/Life Balance3
Career Growth3
Location4
Co-Workers4
Work Environment5

From Fresno, CA — 07/07/2009

I have worked for Macys a few years now and all in all it has been an ok experience.
PAY: It is what it is. Macys does tend to pay a bit more than the state hourly so you can make it work provided you tighten your belt, thus the rating of 3.
RESPECT and BENEFITS: Also a 3. You give respect you hopefully will get it in return. Our store is blessed with a NEW, FANTASTIC store manager. He really listens to you. The General Department Managers, some are good and some are not but y ou will find that in most places. The Benefits are ok, but you pay through the mose for them if you are a full time employee. I am paying about $200+ dollars a months for medical and dental. Thus the 3 rating for both of these.
JOB SECURITY: No job is secure thus the 0 rating.
WORK LIFE BALANCE, CAREER POTENTIAL/GROWTH: If you are on good terms with your management you should not have too much trouble getting the days you need off, just don't sell your soul for it or call out too much. Career Potential, I have little or no repsect for people who kiss a**, but if you can live withself then you will go far, not just with Macys but any company.
LOCATION: I live in Fresno so it works for me.
CO-WORKER COMPETENCE: A solid 3! Turn over can affect any job. I think the training could be better. Some areas require specil training and Macys does not give enough training for those areas. For example: shoes, and fine jewelry.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: A 4. I like 95% of the people I work with. The other 5% is easy to ignore. Working with management...well that fluctuates on a day to day basis.
  • Facebook
  • Digg
  • MySpace  | 
  • Flag this Review

Commitment to Community

Jobitorial is intended to be a constructive conversation. If you see any reviews that appear to fall outside our guidelines, please let us know by flagging that review or comment. Thanks!