Employee Review of Lowes - Check out more reviews of working at Lowes

From Hopkinsville, KY — 02/18/2009

First of, I am a head cashier, almost three years with the company. The pay compared to the area, is good. I'm making three dollars more to be just a head cashier, then I was at a manager at another company. Respect -- I honestly enjoy working because when I do well, I get a good job, when I don't, they don't yell, they just explain things to me like I'm an adult, not a child. My supervisors are helpful, and do well to show me how to do things, instead of just telling me to do it. Benefits are okay, I don't have kids so I'm not sure about family rates. I feel my job is secure. They are good about giving you requested time off, never had a problem with vacation, or sick time. I was able to take a department manager class, and my supervisors are very helpful in me moving up. Good company to work for. The only problem I have is we are a bit short staffed, it's hard to get people for cashiers, because you don't get to move around as much, and it's a bit tiring to be treated badly by customers, since you are the last ones to see them before they leave.