Employee Review of LOBLAWS - Check out more reviews of working at LOBLAWS

From Spruce Grove, Alberta — 09/18/2010

Worked as produce clerk while going to university, was a good time.

Pros:
-worked with a great crew, majority of the people were my age and got along very well
-can actually say that I enjoyed going into work many times due to the people I worked with
-had a great set of supervisor for the majority of the time I worked there, they would work hard, they were easy going, and usually accommodating to scheduling needs
-since it is union there were decent befits considering the line of work
-work was physical and simple yet still rewarding
-lots of work was done, but there was usually always time for backroom slacking

Cons:
-pay, better than comparable jobs, but if one had to live on this...
-some of the store manager and assistant store mangers were not the nicest people
-dealing with customers could be an experience sometimes (this could also be a 'pro' since sometimes it resulted in hilarity)
-if you work in produce you have to do 'closes' sometimes, which suck. This is the one consistent thing I did not like about my job, staying 1 hour after closing time to bring in produce to the backroom cooler. The majority of the time it seemed like I was in a huge rush if I wanted to get everything done properly.

Overall a great job for high school or university students.