Employee Review of Lifetime Fitness - Check out more reviews of working at Lifetime Fitness

From Dallas, Texas — 04/16/2010

The best part of this job is definitely the potential for growth and movement up in the company.... IF you play by their rules...which are, in my opinion, just careless and messy. Especially in the LifeSpa. They need so much more organization and education and protocol! Emphasis on the protocol.
Intimidation and/or ignoring younger and less experienced employees seems to be a problem throughout the club and I believe that is mostly because management is having awkward and obvious growing pains. This is the reason for the excess turnover. Life/Work Balance is clearly not even considered and cant be maintained at a healthy level. This is sad because the company could be an employees dream come true! Free membership, networking opportunities, promoting from within the company....encouraging people to be health conscious and happy! Yea it could be great....but until the right attitude, encouragement, and work atmosphere/energy is achieved...not to mention, a compensation package that ENCOURAGES employees to reach out and share their ideas... thats never going to happen!! Too bad so sad!!