Employee Review of Liberty Mutual - Check out more reviews of working at Liberty Mutual

From NJ — 06/24/2009

The pay and benefits are good, The work/life balance has been encouraged by my manager. My coworker competence is questionable which makes the environment not great. While I haven't been at LM very long, it has become apparent to me that there is a lot of dead weight at this company. Employees are so busy running to Human Resources to complain and finger point that they hardly have time to produce a decent amount of work. I think the negative reviews are coming from bitter employees who got caught taking advantage of the company and are throwing a temper tantrum. What I do see is some very talented people who are trying to stay away from the negative gossip mongers and do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Maybe those of you who have been victimized by LM can take some responsibility for your own actions and stop trashing a company well loved by those who earn their paycheck instead of finger pointing. Taking pride in your work is your responsibility and LM gives people way too many chances to rehabilitate their behavior before letting people go. I am currently stuck with rehabilitating a few people who are clueless as to work ethic and professional behavior. Stop trashing the company and start by looking in a mirror-if you can honestly say you are proud of your work ethic then power to you!