Employee Review of Liberty Mutual - Check out more reviews of working at Liberty Mutual

From Ohio — 03/17/2009

I've been at LM for 5 years now. If you like working for a very large corp, this is the place. Change is the only constant, but also keeps things interesting. I work hard and do my level best to meet their expectations. Isn't that what any job is about? Pay is well above average but they also expect above average work. Below average performance is not tolerated. Benefits are excellent....100% employer paid pension on top of a .93 per dollar 401k match plus bonuses. Health insurance is expensive, but that's the case anywhere these days. We've been through a lot of changes the last 2 years, and I completely understand some of the rants posted here. BUT, it is a much stronger company that has big goals and thousands of dedicated people working to meet those goals. Is there any other way to run a business? Every company has slacker employees and bad managers, but this too shall pass. I've seen many folks (sadly) lose their jobs, all of them good people. At the same time though, very few of those surprised me. The fact is that ultimately we are all replaceable. My advice, don't work for LM if you are not up to the challenge. I happen to love it here and plan to stay.