Employee Review of L&W Engineering - Check out more reviews of working at L&W Engineering

From Belleville, MI Plants 1 and 2 — 06/29/2009

I worked at Plant 1 and 2 from 1988 until 2005. I was and still am a good friend of one the original owners. I read alot of these comments and yes, some of those I do agree with. The reason I had to leave was my wife, who use to work at both plants also, lost her job in Southfield as a Buyer for GM. That was about the time the economy started to get bad. We moved to Katy (Houston) TX in 2005. But I was let go about a week and a half before MY date to quit. I had planned on leaving L&W on Friday and head to Houston Monday. I was terminated because I left early one day and did not wait for my supervisor in welding to acknowledge my vacation/sick day request. After about two days plant management terminated me and my insurance coverage also. All I needed was my coverage to last about 2 weeks more. Management said no. The next Monday before I left Belleville to head to Houston, as I sat in Meijers parking lot, SCOTT called and said he notified HR and told them to keep my coverage intact as if I was still an employee. That long trip did not seem so bad then. I thanked him and Wayne and of course God. For 17 1/2 years I worked there. Sure we had some not so good times with management. But we got a paycheck! It may come as a surprise to some of the gripers but----THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE!