Employee Review of Kroger - Check out more reviews of working at Kroger

From Tennessee — 09/10/2010

I have worked at Kroger for 4 months now, and I love it. The most important part of a workplace to me is respect. I have a lot of friends at work now, so that makes things easy. I was a bagger when I started out, then I was quickly made a cashier, then I started working in different departments, and now I'm in customer service, and being trained as a floor supervisor. The customers are why I love Kroger. I like working with people because there is never a dull moment.

Pay - I still make 7.35, but I've only been at Kroger for about 4 months.

Respect - I feel very respected at Kroger. Every request I've made so far has been honored, such as being trained in different departments. They really care about what's best for their employees.

Benefits - None so far, but a week of paid vacation isn't bad by itself

Job Security - Unless the store itself goes under (not happening), I could work at Kroger forever, because I'm one of three people who know how to UScan, cashier, and customer sevice effectively, plus I've been trained in Produce, Floral, Deli, and Meat.

Work/Life Balance - I like my hours, so I can't say much except that at my store, they don't ask you to work past your scheduled time.

Career Potential/Growth - As long as you do your job, keep your nose clean, and have a good attitude toward customers, anyone can grow at Kroger.

Location - Work is 10 minutes away from my house.

Co-Worker Competence - This is widely ranged. You have some people that sit outside on their breaks and get high and you have some who do their job well.

Work Environment - There are a lot of good people who work at Kroger, but some of the managers don't know what they're doing, and some people don't care.

Overall Kroger is a great place to work if you intend to do your job the right way.