Employee Review of Kohl's - Check out more reviews of working at Kohl's

From Deer Park, NY — 10/02/2009

I've been working here for about 3 months, thinking it would be a good way to get myself into work after having my first child, and OH! Let me tell you, I do not like it, one bit!

Pay: No complaints yet, seeing as I just did my 90 day review and haven't had a chance to get a raise.

Respect: The respect that I get is only from the people who are always on the floor, who don't work in the office, with the exception of one housewares person.. Rarely do I get respect from a manager. I get criticized even if I do get a credit application in, and the housewares lady I get no respect from? She is no manager and tells me (as well as a lot of other people) I have to get credits for HER, not the manager. She is no manager, and should not yell at all of us POS associates like that. Like someone else said, they do give out 'Yes You Did!' recognitions, but they're only slips of paper. No real incentives.

Benefits: If I needed them, I would definitely get them. All I have to say, they're good with this one. I just don't need them right now.

Job Security: HORRIBLE. They are CONSTANTLY hiring people for POS, and for a company that prides itself on being able to open more stores rather than shut down stores, they best STOP hiring so many people so they don't have to be unlucky enough to have to shut down a lot of their stores. And then they complain about hearing their employees' complaints of hardly or no hours? THEN STOP HIRING PEOPLE SO YOU CAN GIVE EVERYONE HOURS!

Work/Life Balance: Can't complain... yet. I asked for hours of 3 until closing during the weekdays and any during the weekend, because as a single mom, I have no one to watch my daughter until 3:45 or even sometimes 3, when my mother gets home from her job. They've been able to give me those hours, and I am glad.

Location: Great. It's a few blocks from my house, I can get there in at least 5 minutes.

Co-Worker Competence: Eh. Not perfect, but good. There are some workers that are just lazy as heck and don't want to finish recovery, complain when they do have recovery, complain when you hand them recovery, and complain if you're POS and call them up for backup because there's a line. I don't know if it's a problem anywhere else, but at my store, that's how some of the floor associates are.

Work Enviroment: It's okay. The breakroom's good, floor is good, pretty much alright.