Employee Review of Kindercare - Check out more reviews of working at Kindercare

From canton, mi — 01/27/2010

The director is a fantastic resource and wonderful mentor. The long term staff who have been at this particular center under the leadership of this director are qualified, educated, caring, and incredibly competent. The long term staff, as well as the director, are incredibly professional, and strive to do their best without any pettiness or gossip. It is obvious that they know how to manage their time so as to incorporate large group, small group, one-on-one, and teacher planning/ classroom cleaning time. This is not only achieved through thoughtful planning of the day, but also with the support of the center management. It is amazing what people can accomplish when working toward a common goal! The Center Director is a strong, intelligent, and caring woman who is dedicated to providing a well-rounded learning environment where developmental milestones are achieved and celebrated. My daughter attended the Cherry Hill center and started when she was just 5 months. She would receive daily notes and certificates celebrating developmental milestones that are in her scrapbook to this day! The staff (at least the long term staff) really do care about the children. And it is obvious the director interacts with all the children during the day and makes it a point to speak with as many parents as possible during pick up time. I have also had the opportunity to meet with the district manager on a few occassions. She is a reasonable and approachable woman. She obviously knows her business and I appreciate that. After speaking with her a few times, I know that her main concern is to offer the best care and service possible to children and parents.
I have worked at a number of KinderCares in many different states. I have worked with some of the best and some I hope to forget... but one of the two best centers in Michigan where I have had the pleasure of enrolling my daughter is the KinderCare on Cherry Hill.