Employee Review of Kindercare - Check out more reviews of working at Kindercare

From Seattle, WA — 01/23/2009

I have been working for KinderCare for over 8 years now. I started from the bottom as a floater and have been a co-teacher, lead teacher, Health and Safety Coordinator, and now am Assistant Director. Obviously, there is room for growth...it's just a slow going process that requires patience and the ability to learn and grow. I have always felt respected by my company which is evident by the ethics hotline where I can anonymously report any grievances, the inclusion of Domestic Partnership benefits which I personally appreciate greatly, and the support of a District Manager who I can literally reach ANY time for ANY reason. The work environment varies. This industry definently involves working with a wide variety of people. Having said that, if you are a positive person who knows how to interact properly with other humans...this is a good place. The pay is not the highest in the industry. Generally, privately owned and operated centers have higher hourly wages but, they also don't generally offer the benefit package available from a corporate company. In terms of job security, that's entirely up to you! We have to meet stringent licensing and corporate standards. Not meeting or violating these standards could put you at risk of losing your job. It's as simple as that. Do your job, do it well, and you will succeed.