Employee Review of Kentucky Fried Chicken - Check out more reviews of working at Kentucky Fried Chicken

From Chaska, MN — 08/13/2008

I liked working for them. I think it was for my last year of high school and I remember making $11.00 per hour, which was pretty good for the area. It seems that pay can vary from site to site because it is a franchise, and the people that owned it were pretty cool.

My co-workers were mostly high school kids or college kids and a good deal of them did not speak English as a first language. This was kind of cool because I learned a number of spanish curse words. I ened up going to University and getting much more interesting jobs. But I would say that if you really need to have a job and you don't have many skills, it's not a bad gig.

Consider this, I also worked at Hardees (I believe its called Carls Jr. in other parts of the US) were one manager took too many drugs and fell asleep letting his hand fall into the friar. He cashed my paycheck (and a number of other peoples) stole from the safe and ended up doing 10 years in prison (he should still be there actually).

So in contrast, KFC, with it's higher prices and better quality food, seemed like a good transition.
I can still go into that store and get free food!
Not a bad deal after 6 years!

I did not rate it as a great place to launch a career because it seems like you need a lot of capital ( 3-4 million I think) to buy in. However, one of the managers and her husband ended up buying in and I think they are doing pretty well.

I worked there and still eat there, I don't know what that says but it says something.