Employee Review of K-Mart - Check out more reviews of working at K-Mart

From Eau Claire, WI — 06/02/2010

I have worked for Kmart for 7 years and I think that a lot of the experience depends on the people you work for and with. I have been fortunate to have not only great managers, but great associates too. Retail can be a very difficult field to work in. Generally the workload far exceeds the staffing, at times you take a beating from customers, the pay is usually not very good, and the hours are horrible. That being said my experience with Kmart has still been a positive one because of the people that I work with. We try to keep things positive and in most of the locations I have worked, we have been like family. Management can make or break a store. The managers that I have worked for have made it a point to make sure that their associates are appreciated because they know that they cannot offer much more than that. After reading many of the other reviews, I feel very lucky to have had the experiences that I have had.