Employee Review of jewel osco - Check out more reviews of working at jewel osco

From orland park, il — 02/14/2008

been there for a few weeks. they pay minimumum wage to almost all starting employees. almost all starters are baggers, and work their way up. the other jobs are in the meat market and deli who make 8.20 starting, trust me they won't pay higher. i don't know about managers. there is no way to start with anything but part time, all full timers have been there for years. starting part timers are guranteed for 12 hours, if your there for a longer time your guranteed for 22 hours. almost all shifts are 4-6 hours, only part timers get 9 hour shifts (1 for lunch), you will never get anything longer than an eight hour work day since they consider any longer shift overtime, also any hours on sundays get an extra dollar an hour. as far as respect goes every job is pretty much repetitive to the point you can't not do it perfectly.