Employee Review of jetBlue - Check out more reviews of working at jetBlue

From Ft. Lauderdale, FL — 01/28/2009

This is the best job I've ever had. I love this company. From the moment I got hired, I have been impressed by the friendliness and efficiency of the organization. That being said, there are some flaws: our pay is a bit below what many others in the same industry receive; I hope that as our company succeeds (and the others fail) our lot will improve. The benefits are so-so: I wish the coverage and deductibles on the health and dental were better. The job can also vary significantly depending on your location. I am based in Ft. Lauderdale, so I enjoy a decent standard of living in a fun and sun-drenched locale; if I were based at our company headquarters in New York City it would be a different story.
Opportunities for growth and advancement abound; the only caveat is that JetBlue is not growing as fast as it used to be, so patience is the watchword. Bear in mind also the nature of the industry: the airline sector is more volatile than most businesses, so you never really know how long a company is going to do well, or if it will fail. I have a great deal of control over my schedule -- more flexibility than I have ever had with any other employer. Consequently, I get to spend a great deal of time relaxing on the beach. All in all, the people that I work for and with are friendly, courteous, and competent, and it is a pleasure to come to work each day.