Employee Review of J.C. Penney - Check out more reviews of working at J.C. Penney

From TX — 05/11/2010

The yearly evaluations are a joke. I got a lot of meets expectations when I should've had more above expectations. When I asked why that was my manager said because the store manager hardly let anyone get any above e. And do you know why that is? Because the lower under budget that store is each year, the bigger the manager's raises are. And giving people raises would waste more money. I know this from a friend who used to be a jcp manager. That's also why they only schedule 1 or 2 people closing in each department each night (to save money I'm sure, the greedy bastards) so it ends up taking until around 1am to clean the store. It's corrupt. I hear that a lot of companies do this, but hopefully there's some that'll pay you more for putting up with it.