Employee Review of Intuit - Check out more reviews of working at Intuit

From San Diego, CA — 11/18/2008

I've worked at Intuit for many years now and have found the Pay to be competative. Including bonuses, stock options etc it's great.
Respect. Excellant. You have to earn it obviously
Benefits are excellant. The only problems is the HR company they contacted out to. They have a crappy help line and it three weeks to get my documentation to me. ( and that was after four phone calls.) Tow days before they emailed the forms I received a letter telling they hadn't recieved a reply and would cancel the benefits if they didn't get the documents within two weeks. )
Job security. Good. We've had layoffs but who hasn't.
Work Life Balance. A joke. They talk the talk but when it comes down to it everyone is expected to sacrifice a lot. Long long days and huge amounts of stress. Every one complains but it goes on and on.
Career potential, so so. Once you reach a certain position the only way to advance is to be a manager. That's it.
Location. Good, lots of restaurents and stores nearby but they are essentially strip malls.
Coworker competance. I couldn't ask for a better team to work with.
Work environment. Great cafeteria. Huge gym full of equipment, basket ball courts, running track