Employee Review of Intuit - Check out more reviews of working at Intuit

From Tucson, AZ — 08/01/2008

I have to start with the fact that I hated my first job with Intuit. I hated tech support. I sounded like a sailor with turettes. That being said. This was, hands down, the best company I ever worked for. I'm not saying they didn't have their problems, and I know the layoffs there now are hurting people, but I will say:

Pay was respectable.

Respect was dependent. A casual work environment is awesome, but it also allows management to draw a clearer line between "us and them."

Benefits: I've worked for two insurance companies. I had better benefits with Intuit.

Job Security: Not that hot right now and even then was touch and go.

Work/Life Balance: Days off for volunteering, on location blood drives, tax season was pretty harsh as was year end, but other than that, it always felt pretty good.

Career Potential/Growth: It was odd how some people already knew who was getting the promotion, days before it was announced, and in one gaff on my part, days before the chosen party knew.

Location: Close to fast food, sushi, steaks, guero canelo, can you really ask for more? Big warehouse building but brightly painted with a built in gym, game room, corner couches for naps, outdoor patios for bbqs and lots of roadrunners and chipmunks hanging around.

Co-Worker Competence: Hated failure to leave notes on a previous call. Had to listen in on calls transferred to India where their lack of pronunciation was only exceeded by the speed with which they spoke.

Work Environment: They went out of their way to make it good. Yeah, definitely call center. Big building, middle of the desert, but I would say for a call center, less than terrible and they went out of their way to make it a pleasant place to work.