Employee Review of Internal Revenue Service - Check out more reviews of working at Internal Revenue Service

From oxon hill, maryland — 12/07/2009

This isn't a bad place to work. I work in procurement so my job experience may be a little different from the other people that reviewed, however working here has its benefits. We are able to take as much schooling as necessary as long as it relates to our job. They don't work us to death and management is down to earth. The average pay is probably a GS-09/11 and management realize the value in promoting employees. The location has free garage parking but the area has its fair share of violence and crimes. Job security is ok but be careful when filing your taxes! The IRS does not play when it comes to an IRS employee or their immediate family not being financially responsible at tax time. Benefits are ok but you don't get flex time, child care or some of the other things that gov agencies are providing. You do get trained, comp time, some overtime, free schooling and the alternative work schedule. Overall I would suggest working for the IRS... People here are pretty cool and I still have most of my hair.